Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

2012 Short Story Challenge: Wrap-Up

Well, this makes two out of two reading challenges I failed in 2012! At least on the classics side of things I was close (five books out of the minimum of six) but on this I failed abysmally, reading only two short story collections over the year. This was my original list:


1. Night Shivers - Charlotte Riddell
2Sensation Stories - Wilkie Collins
3. Wish I Was Here - Jackie Kay
4. The New York Stories - Edith Wharton
5. The Collected Stories - Katherine Mansfield
6. Daughters of Decadence - Various
7. Touchy Subjects - Emma Donoghue
8. ???
9. ???


Out of those I managed to read only two. I started off bright enough in January with Emma Donoghue's Touchy Subjects, a collection I thoroughly enjoyed. Then in May I read Sensation Stories by Wilkie Collins. That's it. Shameful, I know, but there you go.

I'll get to all of these collections eventually but for now I'll just have to go off into the corner with a dunce hat!

No comments: