So how does this relate to my current predicaments? Well, I'm drowning over here. It's funny on one level, terrifying on another. I'm going to trial giving myself a daily priority list which tries to balance the things I need to do with the things I should do and those I'd merely like to. If it underlines the problem rather than aiding it then I'll discard it as a failed experiment but with my little piece of yellow paper next to me I feel...well, overwhelmed and yet safe in the knowledge that I have a plan.
This is what today looks like:
- Blog x 2 (for here and One Yorkshire Voice)
- Type up short story edits for submission tomorrow
- Check the proofs for my Downton Abbey/Upstairs, Downstairs essay which came through yesterday and need a swift turnaround
- Two hours minimum on thesis chapter edits
- Final meeting of the Westgate Writers before our event on Saturday
- Novel work
Now I could just sit here laughing at the implausibility of all that or I could get on. Perhaps I should've factored lunchtime into all that...