Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Monday 9 June 2014

Short Story Publication - To Catch a Fly

Some of you may be interested in the latest issue of Ariadne's Thread (Issue 11, Spring 2014) which has a short story in from yours truly. It also has plenty of other stuff in there too, including some great poetry. I'd recommend buying it for the two poems by Armando Halpern alone. 'Carlo Crivelli, Virgin and Child' and 'Back From the Labyrinth' are engrossing, evocative pieces and I've reread them several times already. 


My own story, 'To Catch a Fly', is one that I wrote years ago following an experience with my late maternal grandmother. I rewrote it with a burst of inspiration last year, changing the tense and the overall situation without diminishing the truth at the heart of it. In some ways, it's a very personal story and, in that sense, it's wonderful that it's my first writing success in years. 


If you want to buy a copy of this issue, it's available directly from their website and you can purchase via PayPal. I should go into a spiel here about supporting small literary magazines but I'm sure we all know the challenges they face and support where we can so I'll leave it at that. 

No comments: