Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Reading Challenge: TBR Challenge

This challenge is hosted by Roof Beam Reader over here. The goal is to read twelve books from your To Be Read pile that have been there for over a year. My TBR pile is overflowing so there were plenty to choose from. These are the twelve I settled on:

  1. The Art of Fiction by David Lodge
  2. Die a Dry Death by Greta van der Rol
  3. Author, Author by David Lodge
  4. The Siege of Krishnapur by J.G. Farrell
  5. Room by Emma Donoghue
  6. Radclyffe Hall: A Woman Called John by Sally Cline
  7. London Fields by Martin Amis
  8. London Lore by Steve Roud
  9. Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by The Countess of Carnarvon
  10. Quicksand & Passing by Nella Larsen
  11. Mutants by Armand Marie Leroi
  12. The Invention of Murder by Judith Flanders

I think there's a decent mix of fiction and non-fiction there, with six of each. I certainly need to read more non-fiction in 2014 and this is a good start. All of these books are literally dusty, definitely been on my table a while waiting for me to get to them. Here's hoping I do!


2 comments:

Brona said...

I loved The Room in a heartbreaking kind of way.

Good luck with your challenge.

CharmedLassie said...

I think that's going to be my reaction too - one of those books I want to read but *don't* want to read too. Part of why I made sure it was on this list.