Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Saturday 25 February 2012

Upgrade Postponed

You know how it is. You get yourself all worked up in preparation for something and it's put-off. I just found out that my upgrade viva (scheduled for Monday) has been postponed due to one of the panel double-booking themselves. While I know this is really no one's fault, I'm pretty miffed and the mental turmoil I've been putting myself through for the last few days now seems redundant. The lousy thing is, I know I'll put myself through it again ahead of the rescheduled date: it's just the way I am and there's nothing I can do about it.

I feel like I'm balancing on a tightrope stretched upwards between two buildings. I'm facing an uphill struggle once I get going again but, for now, I'm in limbo. I can go over everything I've already done but I'm not prepared to start on any fresh research until I know what's going on. Feels too much like counting my chickens. I'll have to stay where I am for now and just hope I don't fall off and break my neck in the interim.

Sometimes you need a little Gilbert and Sullivan combined with a little Angela Lansbury just to take the edge off.

"But at present I'm afraid I am as mad as any hatter..."


No comments: