- It Never Was You - sung beautifully by Judy Garland in I Could Go On Singing, lyrics by Maxwell Anderson...
An occasional sunset reminded me,
Or a flower hanging high on a tulip tree,
Or one red star hung low in the west,
Or a heart-break call from a Meadow Lark's nest,
Made me think for a moment,
Maybe its true,
I found him in the star,
In the call,
In the blue...
- No Way to Stop It - sung in the stage version of The Sound of Music, lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II...
A crazy planet full of crazy people,
Is somersaulting all around the sky.
And every time it turns another somersault,
Another day goes by.
And there's no way to stop it,
No, there's no way to stop it.
No, you can't stop it even if you tried.
So, I'm not going to worry,
No, I'm not going to worry,
Every time I see another day go by.
- Gone - written and performed by Melody Gardot...
I won't wake up,
To the sound of your feet,
Walking down the hall,
Like a soft heartbeat,
I won't wake up,
Cause by the time that,
I do you'll be gone...
- I Don't Want to Know - performed by Angela Lansbury in Dear World and written by the wonderful Jerry Herman...
Let me hide ev'ry truth from my eyes with the back of my hand,
Let me live in a world full of lies with my head in the sand.
For my memories all are exciting.
My memories all are enchanted,
My memories burn in my mead with a steady glow;
So if, my friends, if love is dead,
I don't want to know.
- Vincent - written and performed by Don McLean...
Starry, starry night,
Portraits hung in empty halls,
Frame-less heads on nameless walls,
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget,
Like the strangers that you've met,
The ragged men in ragged clothes,
The silver thorn of bloody rose,
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow...